Xiaoyan (Amber) Liu
Ph.D. Candidate in Operations, Technology, and Information Management
SC Johnson Graduate School of Management
Hi, I am Xiaoyan Liu. I am a Ph.D. Candidate in Operations, Technology, and Information Management at the S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University.
My research primarily focuses on the design and operations of online marketplaces, innovative business models, and operations-finance interface. I develop and apply data-driven approaches, including statistical learning and machine learning, to facilitate and inform business decisions for digital platforms.
Link to CV: [CV]
I am on the 2020-2021 academic job market.
Personalized Recommendation System Design for an Online B2B Platform, with V. Gaur.
- Under Review at Management Science
- Finalist of INFORMS 2021 Innovative Applications in Analytics Award
Operational Distortion: Compound Effects of Short-termism and Competition, with W. Schmidt.
- Major Revision at Management Science
- Under Review at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management
The Value of Textual Information for Matching in an Online B2B Platform, with V. Gaur.
- Liu, W., Liu, X., & Li, X. (2015). The two-stage batch ordering strategy of logistics service capacity with demand update. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 83, 65-89.
- Liu, W., Xie, D., Liu, Y., & Liu, X. (2015). Service capability procurement decision in logistics service supply chain: A research under demand updating and quality guarantee. International Journal of Production Research, 53(2), 488-510.
I have been an Instructor and Teaching Assistant for the following courses (* indicates my role as the instructor):
- NCC 5580 Managing Operations* (Graduate Elective), Fall 2019, Instructor Rating (4.5 / 5)
- NBA 5200 Retail Operations (MBA Elective), Spring 2018
- NBA 6690 Building A Consumer Internet Business (MBA Elective), Spring 2018
- NCC 5010 Data Analytics and Modeling (MBA Core), Spring 2018 and Summer 2017
- NCC 5080 Managing Operations (MBA Core), Spring 2017
- NBA 6470 Advanced Spreadsheet Modeling (MBA Elective), Spring 2016
Bartholomew Family Charitable Fund PhD Student Scholarship, 2019-2020
Byron E. Grote Johnson Professional Scholarship, 2018-2019
Xiaoyan (Amber) Liu
201 C Sage Hall
114 East Avenue
Ithaca, NY 14853